Winnie Scott (1864 – 1926) A teacher at Clinton Street Colored School, Scott was instrumental in establishing the Winnie A. Scott Hospital for African-Americans in Frankfort. The hospital opened in 1903 as the Women’s Improvement Club Hospital, located at 228 Second Street. It closed in 1959 when Kings Daughters Hospital desegregated. The structure itself was destroyed by fire in August of 1994. A high resolution photograph of Ms. Scott could not be found to create a street banner in her honor, but for her contributions she is included in this project.
Winnie Scott (1864 – 1926)